Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's Recap

Yes, I've been gone for FOREVER.  It's been a crazy time in my world.  Here are some highlights:

1. Opening weekend for the Cincinnati Reds.  We were there.  It was fab.  More on that at another time, but suffice it to say I was living up every minute and not so much blogging it.

2. Dave and I are both on travel for work (1000s of miles apart).  The girls are with grandparents.  The night before we left Dave took on story time like the great dad that he is.  Super sweet:


3.  I have been so busy with travel that again...not so much on the blogging.  I just checked out of my hotel on my lunch break today because it was the worst hotel I've ever been in.  The highlights: exhibit a) there was hair in the bed. it didn't belong to me. exhibit b) instead of a counter in the bathroom there was one of those little 3 tier wood shelves that you buy at walmart for like $12. 8 inches of wood shelf is not a great place to set your hair straightener while hot. exhibit c) the train tracks beside the hotel, where the train runs every hour on the hour between midnight and 6 a.m.  Remember, those are just the highlights.  There's more I could tell you if time allowed.

4.  I ran at the crap hotel.  It was on a crap treadmill.  I wanted to take a picture because it was literally the jankiest treadmill I've ever seen, but there was a dude there and I didn't want him to judge me.  Looking back, I should have asked him to take the picture so there would be a picture of me ON the jankiest treadmill ever.  What is wrong with me????  2 miles, 21:44.  Bashed in knee still hurts.  Badly.  Half marathon is only 23 days away.  Worried?  Well, maybe a little.

5.  When I hastily checked out of my crap hotel room and made the run for my new hotel room I left my iphone charger plugged into the wall.  Epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment