Thursday, May 19, 2011

Plumbers, and Thin Mints, and Treadmills-OH MY!

I was bored and decided to see what search terms have led people to me this week.  It's usually good for a laugh, you should try it.  The search terms were:

  • how to be a runner its hard
    • Wow, how much do I complain on here?  People who hate running find my blog.  Great.
  • marathon training
    • Scary.  I have never actually run a marathon, so please don't take advice from me.  Seriously, just don't.
  • any day i am too busy to run is
    • Yep, now that sounds like me.
  • image thin mint crack
    • Okay, is anyone else picturing a plumber here?  No comprendo this search term.
And now back to running.  I ran 3 miles on the treaddy Tuesday night while watching Biggest Loser.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but can I just say "YAY!".  I LOVE the way the top 3 is shaping up! 

The run itself was torture.  My knee felt pretty good but my "insides of calf/shin areas" were on fire.  I think that's a technical term.  My mind also was not on board with a full 3 miles.  But I persevered and the run is in the books.

I think I've decided to go ahead and continue with the plan to run a fall marathon, even though my half was a bust.  In fact, I've already reserved a hotel room.  Just have to take the plunge and register for the race.  More on that as it is finalized!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh - I know that fire feeling and I hate it! Once I started always running in compression socks or sleeves it alleviated it A LOT. But some days, dang, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely been wanting to try out some compression socks or tights or something. I haven't convinced myself to shell out that much cash yet...but I know it's coming :)

    ReplyDelete