Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Snoozing is for Wienies

Today, for the 2nd day in a row, I woke up early and worked out before work!!  Me, who CANNOT get out of bed without snoozing for an hour.  Yes, an entire hour.  Me, who would rather snooze 2 extra times and then sport a wet ponytail to work than to actually get up and put effort into looking nice.

I didn't do anything super intense because I'm still having the weird calf pain.  (p.s. I really am going to get that checked out soon, I just have to find (make) the time)  I ran a mile yesterday morning on the treaddy, then did some free weight strength training for upper body.  Today I ran another mile and did some lower body strength training moves. 

I love going through the day knowing my run is already done, instead of spending the day mentally wrestling with how and when I'm going to fit it in.  I also really do feel better during the day, energized and such.  I LOVE IT!  The only downside is that it's dark, so I'm running inside on the treaddy instead of outside which is a) boring and b) hurts my calves worse than pavement does.  I have been catching up on episodes of I Used To Be Fat to help alleviate some of the boredom! 

I'm hoping tomorrow will be another snooze-less morning workout day!

3 comments:

  1. Good job! Man i wish i could be a morning person & get my run over with, but it's pretty much impossible for me during the week. The weekend i can talk myself into it because i know i can take a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned myself into a morning workout person about 2 years ago. Things always came up after work (ie. happy hour) and I wouldn't make it to the gym. Nothing gets in the way at 5 am. It took a little while to get used to it but now I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!! I'm a major "snoozer" too. But it really does feel fabulous to know the run is out of the way. Sometimes it just really sucks to get up though!

    ReplyDelete