Tuesday, December 21, 2010

That Garth Brooks is a Class Act

Way back when (aka October) we went to Vegas. Me for a conference, Dave for a life experience. I wanted desperately to check out the new Garth Brooks show. Dave was unwilling to pay the price for the tickets.

Fast forward to November. Apparently Dave was feeling guilty about denying me the chance to see GB. So for my birthday (the big 3-0) he surprised me with GB tickets for the flood relief concerts in Nashville!!

Well that concert was Friday night and it was phenomenal! Seriously the best concert I've ever been to! And best birthday present EVER!!

He sang all of my favorite songs, including my all time favorite The Dance, which was beautiful and moving in person. Not only did he sing all of his hits for us, but he also told us the year they were hits and anecdotes from the time. He was super personable. He sounded just as good live as he does recorded which is kind of rare these days. And he even brought some special guests:


Steve Wariner made an appearance for a rendition of Long Neck Bottle.



What would a special GB show be without his wife, and my close personal friend, Trisha Yearwood?

They were amazing together and it literally gave me chills when they hit hose harmonies. Really, really great. I sang along to every song, screamed and cheered like I was at a high school football game, and came away with no voice at all. It was such a fabulous time!

For a truly country weekend we did it up right and stayed at the Opryland Hotel. More on that tomorrow because believe me, I have A LOT to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment