Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bike Shopping FAIL...The Saga Continues

I tried to buy a bike last night.  I wanted to.  I had my purse at the ready and I think I might have paid any price if I had found a bike that screamed This Is The One

But none of them really did.  I went to several stores.  I rode at least a dozen different bikes.  Around the store.  And I felt like a gigantic goob as people watched me pedal through the aisles.  But I was on a mission.

There were things I liked about each of the bikes.  Some of them even made me feel fast...  But I never got that special feeling.  None of the bikes gave me that comforting "oh, this is what the right bike feels like" vibe.  I'm still just as confused as ever.  Scratch that.  Now I'm more confused.

So, that does it.  I'm going to a specialty bike shop.  I know I can't possibly afford their bikes.  But I definitely need their help.

When I first went to a specialty running store I was intimidated.  I feel like that again now.  What if I don't speak the language right?  What if they laugh at me when I leave?  What if I can't afford anything in the store and they get mad and throw me out for wasting their time?

But really, what's the worst that can happen?  In the end, the specialty running store helped me immensely.  I found my first really great fitting pair of shoes.  And I was even able to afford them. 

Here's hoping my specialty bike shop experience goes the same way.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can find some really great, affordable used bikes at the specialty store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck bike shopping. I would LOVE to invest in a really good bike, HOWEVER that's not in our budget at this time, so please let me know if you find any INCREDIBLE deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Michael struggled with what bike to get ... glad all I have to worry about is shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's definitely good to shop around! You will find the bike right for you. :)

    ReplyDelete