Friday, June 24, 2011

What I'm Reading

Right now I'm on travel for two weeks in the lovely state of Alabama.  Seriously, I do love it.  I love the way people talk here and I love that you can find sweet tea everywhere you go.  Actually, it would be faster to tell you what I don't love.  People don't seem to believe in turn signals here.  That's it.  Other than that, I'm happy as a clam here.

Anyway, two weeks travelling means two weeks of privacy, quiet evenings, working out whenever I want for however long I feel like...in other words, no kiddos running around.  Naturally I miss them dearly, but I do love being able to kick back and read for hours if that's what I want to do.  As a mom, I miss quiet reading time every once in a while!

So...in honor of my coveted reading time (and thanks to a very expensive trip to Books-A-Million), here's what I'm reading:


1.  Gossip Girl

Am I a teenager?  No.  Do I still love the guilty pleasure of Gossip Girl?  Absolutely.  I've just purchased books 3 and 4.  Quick, easy reads that will take you back to high school...without the horror of actually being there.

2.  Smokin' Seventeen

I am Stephanie Plum's biggest fan.  Seriously, all of the Stephanie Plum books are HILARIOUS and if you haven't read them, you MUST.  Now.  I wait anxiously on each new book and then I buy it in expensive hard back because no way am I going to wait until the paperback comes out.  And if she ever chooses between Ranger and Morelli I don't know what I'll do because I. love. them. both.

3.  If You Were Here

Jen Lancaster's first venture into the Fiction world.  I have read every one of her non-fiction books and follow her blog and she cracks me up.  I love when the written word is so good that you actually laugh aloud and people look at you like you're nuts.  Jen Lancaster always does that for me, and I have no doubt that her fiction book will be excellent as well.

4.  Working It Out

This was an impulse buy that I didn't know I was looking for.  It's written by Abby Rike who was a contestant on The Biggest Loser.  I LOVE that show, and Abby's story never ceased to amaze me.  Her husband, daughter, and very young (only weeks old) son were killed in a car accident.  She was supposed to be with them, but had stayed home sick at the last minute.  After the accident, she put on huge amounts of weight, which she subsequently lost on The Biggest Loser.  Now she's written a book all about her amazing story of living on after tragedy, and I can't wait to read all about it.

Now...where to start?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good book stack! Wow, i didn't watch that season of the Biggest Loser - what a sad story. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late....but.....congrats on registering for your first marathon!

    ReplyDelete