Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Haven't Been on a Run


I haven't run in awhile.  Despite proclaiming that I'm going to PR.  Which I'm still totally going to do.  But, Winter has set in hard and work has set in harder.  I've been getting home after dark every day.  And my treadmill has died it's last death I think.  I've run on it twice recently and it felt really bouncy and saggy.  I decided to investigate and found that (unbeknownst to me) it is made of really thin crappy MDF board inside the treadmill deck, and somehow that MDF now has a big hole in the middle of it.  It costs $129 for the materials to fix it, and the labor is probably astronomical.  And I only paid like $350 for it, so not sure I wanna go there.  So the bad news is that I haven't run.  The good news is that I've been treadmill shopping.  Soon I will have a newer, cooler treadmill and I'll be running again!

The other problem with running is that my husband had his tonsils removed on Thursday.  See pitiful man below:


I've been playing the good wife and taking excellent care of him willingly, HOWEVER:

  1. I spent 7 hours in the waiting room on surgery day,
  2. then another couple of hours making a pharmacy run and a grocery run for soft foods.
  3. I don't mind doing either #1 or #2, BUT THEN
  4. I pick my 2 kids up from daycare and my darling eldest eats dinner and then pukes it back up.
  5. She puked all night long.
  6. Including on the white carpet and several of her clothes.
  7. I had to shampoo the carpet and wash laundry at 11 PM.
  8. I normally go to bed at 9 PM.
  9. Oh yeah, she also lost a tooth that day so I had to remember to play the tooth fairy.
  10. And I'm basically a single parent through all this because my husband slept for about 48 straight hours after the surgery.
  11. I don't begrudge anyone for any of the aforementioned things...but you can see why maybe I wasn't able to run over the weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Wow...i'd say you have more than enough things that kept you from running! Hope your world slows down a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently your husband (though different type of surgery) and my husband did all the waiting/supporting/shopping/puppy play/you-name-it. Neither role is easy....

    ReplyDelete