Thursday, December 15, 2011

Treadmill Shopping

Like I said yesterday, my treadmill has a GIANT hole in it and I'd rather put money into upgrading to a better one than sinking money into a repair that costs as much as the treaddy did in the first place.  I still have absolutely zero idea how the deck got a hole in it.  I don't run with weights or kettlebells that may have fallen through it.  The weight limit is 300 pounds and neither my husband or I come close to exceeding that.  We don't use it for hours of long running or crazy bouts of speed (although realistically it should even hold up to that).  Regardless, it's now a worthless piece of junk and I get to go treadmill shopping.

Here are the contenders (in no particular order):

  1. Freemotion Xtr
  2. Horizon Fitness T202
  3. Horizon Fitness T203
  4. Bowflex Series 7
Unfortunately I am not independently wealthy, so this purchase is kind of a big deal to me.  I'm feeling the pressure because I do not want to screw this up!  If I make the wrong decision I will be sad for years to come.  I'm going to continue scouring the interwebs for reviews of these models (and maybe others) and try to make a decision this week.  I need a way to run SOON.  Losing my stress relief has NOT been good for me!

Anybody have any opinions on these or other treadmills.  Any that you love?  Or hate?

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a Costco card? You get such a better price there! I love my FreeMotion treadmill I bought at Costco, although it isn't the same model they currently have. Buying through Costco, you will get a better treadmill for the amount of money you are willing to spend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also have other brands of treadmills, not just FreeMotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a Costco membership, but unfortunately we don't have a Costco anywhere near where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a Costco membership too :( And a treadmill. My husband and I just said that's our next purchase, that way we can change things up and not always depend on running outdoors! Let me know what you buy!

    ReplyDelete