Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I've Been Doing

It's been exactly a week since my last run.  It's been almost a week since my last blog post.  In the interest of full disclosure, I've been laying around moping.  And I didn't want to get all down and negative on the blog, because of course the mopey feelings would pass.  And for the most part they have, so let's get down to it.

Here's what I've been doing since injured knees and strep throat have moved into my life.

Eating 10 tons of cookie dough that I made for the specific purpose of being able to eat the dough straight up:


Drinking unbelievable amounts of Hot Chocolate and Milkshakes:



Watching hours and hours of this:




Suzanne Whang was by the far the best host, p.s.


What a week, no?

Today is my scheduled 9 miler and I was (gasp) looking forward to it.  We were going to chart new territory on a brand new paved trail!!  Alas, there will be no long run for me.  In fact, there will be a goose egg for this whole week I'm pretty sure.  I'm still feeling positive though, because today when I got out of bed, I had no pain in my knees.  Now, 30 minutes later that twinge of pain is back.  But I experienced a few minutes of pain free bliss which means I must be on the mend.  And I'm hopeful that I'll be on the roads again in no time. 

Zack, AC, Screech, Suzanne Whang, Sandra Rinomato, Jeff Probst...our time has been special to me, but I think it's about time we all move on.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your knees - i hope they start to feel better! But um, i'm pretty envious of your week. :) I'm obsessed with House Hunters, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say good luck with the injury...Such a bummer! I currently am working through a stress fracture in my foot...it took me a few weeks to swallow the fact that I won't be running for a little while but i've come to a point where i've accepted it and am using this extra time (both mentally and physically) to focus on other great things in life. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete