Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super Serious Athlete

Yesterday was one of those days where I just didn't want to run.  I knew I needed to.  I knew it was time after 2 rest days.  But I just plain didn't feel like it.  Then I came home to this:


What a great mail day!!  So glad I pre-ordered Dean's new book!  (Cause we're on a first name basis...)  I haven't cracked it open yet but can't wait!  Holy exclamation points Batman!

It was just the motivation I needed.  It was a totally gorgeous day, 52* and sunny.  I put on some shorts (first outdoor run in shorts this year I believe) and a t-shirt and headed outside for a quick 2 miler.  I ran in our neighborhood which has some massively steep hills.  And you know what?  Once I was out there it felt amazing!  I was so glad I went out for a run.  I soaked up the sunshine and all my steps felt light and great.  It was one of those runs where everything just came together perfectly.

2 miles in 21:30, 10:45 pace.  Although it was a decently slow and definitely short run, I definitely worked up a sweat:



Here is my Super Serious Athlete pose:


Look out Kara Goucher, here I come.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome run! Since you called yourself slow I will tell you (assuming you promise not to tell anyone else) that I've seen my pace drop to like 14:00 going up some of the hills in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise :) And I've now officially dropped to 16:00 on a hill...don't tell!

    ReplyDelete