Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Hard to Eat Spaghetti at Work

Because, you know, it's messy. And slurpy. I usually eat at my desk while I keep working. So I felt like a total pig today even though I tried really hard to eat nice and polite like. My cube neighbor must have loved me.

And while we're on the subject of food, yesterday Dave and I were rummaging around the kitchen looking for lunch. It was just one of those days where nothing sounded good. NOTHING. Dave suggested peanut butter and jelly and I threw a metaphorical fit because (and I quote) "I am not a child". So I continue to rummage until I'm in total starvation mode and then proceed to toast a bagel and top it with...you guessed it...peanut butter and jelly. The funny thing was the jelly bottle had some clog issues and it came out kind of sporadic at first. After I finished squirting the jelly I noticed this:



Uh-huh. A smiley face. Even though "I am not a child". The timing of my accidental smiley face was just too perfect as my hubby was all too happy to point out. And yes, my banana already has a big bite out of it. I couldn't wait until I was properly seated at the table to start eating ("I am not a child"). And yes, it has peanut butter on it, because peanut butter with a side of peanut butter is never wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment