Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Tempo Run, and Random Thoughts on TV

Tuesday night was my easy run, unfortunately I had to run on the treaddy so it was NOT easy.  I run so much slower on the treadmill than I do outside.  It just feels harder to me.  I ran at a 1% incline and did 2.5 miles in 25:00, so exactly a 10:00 pace.  Not too shabby.

Tonight was a tempo run, and thanks to 6 inches of snow (and counting) I was on the treadmill again.  I was kind of not feeling it.  I think it was the copious amounts of M&M's I ingested today.  Maybe not the best pre-run fuel.  Much better as a post-run fuel.  At any rate, I ran 2.04 miles in 20:00, 9:49 pace.  Not as fast as I was hoping for but still pretty good since I still have 3.5 months until my race.  I still have plenty of time to get the speed picked up.

My next run is Saturday morning's long run.  I really hope the snow is melted, or at least cleared off the roads by then, because long runs are much better when shared with friends.

Tonight I have big, big plans.  Chocolate milk, lasagna, and Thin Mint ice cream (not all at the same sitting) will be eaten while wearing fleecey pants and watching The Office and Grey's Anatomy.  There's also the possibility of trying out this new show Perfect Couples.  I rarely commit to new shows, but I'm willing to give it a chance.  Remember the good old days, when Thursday night meant Must See TV?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the dreadmill. But good job on getting your runs in!

    And you had me at Thin Mint ice cream...yummm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm a Thin Mint junkie...it may be my biggest vice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends was a Thursday show! *sigh* I miss that.

    BUT ... now Thursday is Jersey Shore night. You know you want to get your fist pumping action on! ;)

    ReplyDelete