Monday, January 10, 2011

Lunchtime Run

Today I was scheduled to do a 20 minute easy run. I packed a bag this morning and brought it to work with me intending to run on my lunch break. I went to the gym at lunch and got all bundled up in my winter workout clothes. I left the gym and ran out 10 minutes then turned around and ran back to the gym 10 minutes.

It was a slightly awkward run because I had to navigate the work lunch traffic for part of the run. Most of it was largely uninhabited though. That was worrisome too because there is a LOT of wildlife around work and I worried that I would get mauled and there would be no witnesses to take me to get help. Can you tell I have an active imagination?

The other factor was getting ready to go back to work. I didn't care for getting ready all over again when I just got ready a few hours earlier. Plus the logistics of cleaning up at the gym were more complicated than getting ready at home.

All complaints aside, I am glad that I got it done early so I could come home and hang out with my family instead of headinb straight out the door to run. Or worse, having to hit the treadmill after the kids go to bed. I don't know if it will become a regular part of my running routine but at least for today I'm glad my run was finished early!

No comments:

Post a Comment