Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The "Official" Training Begins

I put official in quotes. I tend to have really great training plans and really lofty goals of sticking to them religiously. I'm sure you can guess that I don't always meet that goal. I usually end up flip-flopping runs or trading an easy for a tempo or getting sick and taking a week off. That sort of thing. This training cycle my main goal is don't get injured so if I have to tweak my training to do that then so be it!

Last night was day one and I was scheduled for 20 minutes easy. I got home after dark so I ran on the treaddy after dinner. 1.91 miles in 20 minutes. I'll take it for now. I really want to get faster this year but as Bob would say, baby steps. I finished sans knee pain - yay!

It maybe didn't help my speed that I was listening to slow jams while running...hey, that's all I was in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment