Friday, February 11, 2011

Have you heard the news?

Have you seen the story about the guy who ran 365 marathons in 365 days?  Wow.  Here I am, allowing myself a full year to get my body all trained up for a full marathon.  And this guy already ran one.  Every day.  For a year.  I am in awe!

Over the year he ran 9,569 miles.  His fastest marathon over the year was 2 hours and 56 minutes.  He broke a world record for consecutive races run.  The previous record was 52 consecutive races.  And this guy?  Ran 365 consecutive races. 

I hope that I can someday be in half the shape as this guy is. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw that on facebook! Crazy!! I'm like you - I dedicated a whole year to just running 5 and 10K races to build up for the half. I can't even imagine running 1 mile every day for a year, let alone a full marathon! Heck, I doubt I'll ever do a full marathon even once in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete