Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Same, But Different

Today we watched a home movie from when T. was a baby.  She was getting burped, and after she obliged I said "Good Girl!!!" (insert baby talk here) and she jumped a MILE.  On the video, I crack up and even snort.  In real life while watching, I cracked up and even snorted.  It was like surround sound all of a sudden because I sounded exactly like I did six years ago.  It was weird, especially since I feel like I've changed so very much in those six years!

Yesterday, the hubby and I got a babysitter so we could go run together, kid-free.  We set out to run 6 miles on a gorgeous, sunny, COLD day.  It was 34 degrees and Dave normally won't run in that weather but he did it anyway and it was great!  We ran 6 miles on some stellar paved trails in the next town over.  The scenery was gorgeous and runners were out all over the place. 

Dave wanted to start out slowly (he's only resumed running within the last couple weeks) so we were aiming for 12:00 miles to begin with.  We stopped at 3 miles to get a drink, chew some energy and turn around to come back.  Dave ate some Shot Bloks, I took a strawberry Clif Shot w/caffeine.  And I nearly gagged on the taste and texture (it was my first time).  I have weird issues with texture anyway to be fair, but man that thing was nasty.  But with that said, I did get a kick and we busted out some major negative splits for the last 3 miles.

Mile 1: 12:00 (hit it exactly, I should totally be a pacer)
Mile 2: 12:12
Mile 3: 12:17
Mile 4: 11:29
Mile 5: 11:24
Mile 6: 10:25

Total time: 1:09:49, average pace 11:39. 

We both felt good, and I for one have no soreness today (Tiger Tail baby!!).  I've been running 6 miles for a while now on Saturdays and I wanted to keep doing that until it felt good before I started growing the distance.  I finally think I'm ready to move up, so next week we've decided to tackle 7 miles!

A couple miles today will finally accomplish my much sought after 4 day running week!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the 4 day running week and on getting yourself ready to move up to 7--woohoo! i haven't gotten to run with my husband in, like, 10 years. crazy. and, i don't think i could choke down any of those gel/goo things. ick.

    ReplyDelete