Monday, February 21, 2011

My Treadmill Lives the Good Life

Saturday night (technically early Sunday morning) I was up with a stomach bug.  All night long I felt TERRIBLE.  It was horrible, and all I really kept thinking was "NOOOOO!!!  I have to run today in order to get my four running days in!!".  Sunday was a rainy day, but fairly warm so it would have been a great day to run which made it even worse.

I laid around all day Sunday, watching TV, napping, not eating and generally feeling miserable.  Finally at the end of the day I sucked it up and got on the treadmill to run 2 miles.  I figured even if I didn't make it the whole way, I could still say I ran four days for the week.

I had a pretty sweet setup going:



Why yes, we DO have 3 TV's in front of the treaddy.  Ok, technically it's two TV's and a laptop.  The big TV is really for the kids to watch because you can't see it from the exercise equipment.  The top TV is the one that is actually high enough to see from the treadmill or spin bike, so is the one we usually have on.  The laptop is because sometimes a girl's gotta watch Hulu.  I missed Survivor so I had to catch up, obvs.


I had the speakers right there on the treadmill so I could hear REALLY well when Phillip and Francesca started going at it and proving themselves crazy right from the get go.  Note the fan, aimed right at my face.  It might be my favorite part.  There's the yellow post-it note to keep the pulse sensor from going wacko and giving me pulse readings, even when I'm not actually touching the sensor.  And my motivation: the big tacky piece of paper that is taped on that says MARATHON:


"When the guy says go, you start to suffer -- or you might as well not be out there. It's a small piece of your life, make it hurt."
~Aaron Cox, Winner of US Mountain Biking Championship


That's the setup that let me pound out 2 miles in 21:15 (10:38 pace) even while sick!  That made 12 weekly miles in 4 days of running.  I felt proud.  And tired.

A. was tired too.  We had to wake her up from her nap and she promptly snuck into the chair and fell back asleep.  It was too adorable...so I just let her go back to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. wow--sweet treadmill set-up! love it!! you're a better woman than i...there's no way i would be up and running after a day full of stomach bug. i am a BIG BABY when it comes to that.

    love the marathon quote!

    ReplyDelete