Thursday, February 17, 2011

I had some, and it was Popplicious

I have been on a quest since I was 6 years old.  [That's a 24 year long quest, in case you're not keeping count]. 

We used to have a lovely little place called The Dairy Barn.  It actually had the look and feel of a barn (it's a midwest thing) but inside was a lovely world of ice cream and sherbet galore.  It was my favorite ice cream joint, because they had Grape Sherbet and I love love love all things grape! 

I can still remember the last time I went there because it was such a traumatizing experience for me.  You see, after we had our Grape Sherbet and left The Dairy Barn, I realized I had left behind my beloved Popple.  It was purple and awesome and I was a mess!  This was well before the days of a cell phone in every driver's hand, and it was a long drive to The Dairy Barn from our apartment.  We couldn't just go back, and we couldn't call until we got home. 

By the time we made the call, it was gone. 

A sad story, to be sure.  BUT!  The Grape Sherbet has lived on in a special place in my heart.  Every grocery store, every ice cream shop, I was always looking.  Could this be the day I would find Grape Sherbet and re-live the childhood memories?  I mean, that stuff was yummy and when I find something I like I prefer to stick with it thankyouverymuch.

This story has a happy ending.  Because on Tuesday night, I found my Grape Sherbet.  And it was every bit as intoxicating as I remembered!



Oh yes, Bruster's Real Ice Cream, I will be back.  On Saturday.  After a 6 mile run, I deserve your grape-y goodness.

Tuesday workout: 2 miles, 20:46 (10:23 pace)
Wednesday workout (same route, but accompanied by hubby): 2 miles, 20:48 (10:24 pace)

Unfortunately, the two in a row has my hip all kinds of bummed out.  But, today and tomorrow I rest from running and pick up spinning so I'll have fresh legs for Saturday's run.  I will run 4 days this week!!

3 comments:

  1. i can't say i share your passion for all things grape, but i'm happy for you just the same! i'm sure all that grape-y goodness will carry you strong through your four days of running this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried grape sherbert, but there's a Brusters right down the road so I think I will get some next time we go (which might be today!) Have a great "rest day"... You're better than me - on my rest days I barely get off the couch much less go to spin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10:23 and 10:24...you're one consistant runner! Glad to hear you found your grape sherbet! (I prefer mine without the grape and a lot more chocolate.)

    ReplyDelete