Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pancakes. Where are you when I need you?

I am counting down until lunch.  Already.  That is a very bad sign!  Our house is on the market and we have a Realtor walk-through today so we had to leave the house in pristine condition.  Translation: I didn’t want to dirty a knife or cutting board or bowl or anything, so I didn’t eat any cereal and I didn’t bring my usual apple slices.  Couldn’t I just grab an apple?  No, no I could not.  One of my front teeth is a dental implant, so I will never again know the sweet sweet joy of just picking up an apple (or pear L) and biting into it.  It’s very angst-making.

Sunday I ran on the treaddy again.  It was actually sunny and 30 degrees but I lacked in motivation and waited until there was not enough daylight left to run outside.  The giant stack of pancakes that started my day may have been part of the motivation problem.  They made me all sleepy instead of all energized.  Anyways, I ran 4 miles in 45:03 at an incline of 1%.  Pace?  11:16.  Not my best run ever, but it was worth it!

I had an awesome breakfast out with my breakfast buddies,





Not their most flattering shots, but we were all fresh out of bed ya know?

…followed by hours of lounging around and playing with them.  A perfect, lazy Sunday is so much cooler than a perfect run.

Right now though?  A stack of pancakes sounds even better than either one J

No comments:

Post a Comment