Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'll take Cool Sci-Fi News for $200, Alex

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with running really.  Because, well, yesterday I just didn’t run.

BUT!  If you’re an 80 year old grandma trapped in a 30 year old body, you may appreciate this story J  I love love love watching Jeopardy.  Wheel of Fortune too.  And doing crossword and jigsaw puzzles.  But this story is about Jeopardy.

If you’re at all an aficionado of all things Alex Trebek then you may remember Ken Jennings.  He won 74 straight episodes of Jeopardy and it was craziness.  People who didn’t even like Jeopardy were tuning in to see this modern marvel of intellect.  I was hooked.  I could not miss Jeopardy during the Ken Jennings era.  Why yes, I am a nerd…however did you know?

Source
So, why am I telling you this?  Because Ken Jennings is back!  And along with some other winner guy, he is battling it out on Jeopardy…against a super-computer named Watson.  And the computer is giving Ken a run for his money!  It's all very science fiction-y.  If only George Orwell and Aldous Huxley could have seen this day…Read about it here!!  You can still tune in tonight and tomorrow night to see how the computer fares in rounds 2 and 3.

Come back...next time I will talk about running.  Swearsies.

1 comment:

  1. I love Jeopardy too!! Playing against the computer is...interesting. Still not sold though.

    ReplyDelete