Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thin Mints Are My Crack

It's that time of the year again...Girl Scout Cookie time!  I may or may not have polished off an entire sleeve of Thin Mints.  An hour before I went out to run.  I may or may not have learned a lesson.

Today it was 21 degrees and sunny so I got to run outside.  It was fabulous, and freezing cold.  In my quest to run 4 days this week instead of my normal 3, I went just 2 miles.  They still felt a little like death since I

  1. Tried to push the pace
  2. Was freezing, and
  3. Ate an entire sleeve of Thin Mints an hour earlier
Turns out Thin Mints are not the best pre-run fuel.  They make pretty spectacular post-run fuel so by all means carry on with the post-run Thin Mint binges J

In other news...my Tiger Tail arrived today!



It was hard to get a clear picture but it says 'I <3 Happy Muscles' on the handle.  I don't know about you, but I just like that!

Here's a picture of me trying it out.  Never mind the goofy face, post-workout hair, and velour pants suit... 


I realize it's too soon to say anything definitively, since I've only used the thing once and I haven't had a chance to see how the day after muscles feel, but first impression: I LOVE IT!  It feels super good on your muscles after you're done running and stretching.  So far my tight calves are not feeling tight!  I can't wait for my next run to see if they're still not tight!  I haven't had any soreness in my legs even though I had to get immediately in the car after the stretching/tiger tailing to drive to daycare and get the kiddos.  Normally that drive would have me all stiffened up but not today!  More review to come as I get to use it more this week, but so far so very, very good.  I'm going to use it some more while watching BL just because it feels good!

Summary: 2 miles in 19:45, 9:53 pace, freezing cold.  Tiger Tail=Good J

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Love your quotes section. What marathon are you traning for? I've never seen those Tiger Tail things. Looks like something my quads would appreciate today. Sorry about the random commenting here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next door neighbor's daughter is a girl scout and yup, you guessed it, I bought way too many girl scout cookies. I'll try to remember to eat them *after* my runs tho ;)

    ReplyDelete