Friday, February 4, 2011

Steven Tyler PJ's, Steven Tyler PJ's

Forgive me for being a little behind the times here.  Today during my lunch break I was reading the December issue of Runner’s World.  There’s a little recurring segment called Back Story that features a runner, who gives 10 little tidbits about his or herself.  In December it was Nolan Shaheed, a 60 year old runner who set six American running records in 2010.  Obviously he’s a good runner and knows his stuff.  I’m certainly impressed.  But the point I want to make here is Tidbit #3 where he says:

“I eat once a day.  Fruit, chicken, rice, veggies.  I love broccoli.  My meal lasts over an hour.”

What?!?!?  He only eats once a day?  How is that even possible?  I would be starvacious the entire rest of the day if I ate only one meal.  I wouldn’t have enough energy to function, let alone run fast and set American records.  I’m so very confused as to how he does it.

Moving on.  Yesterday I donated blood.  The Red Cross comes to our workplace every 56 days (the wait time before you can donate again) and holds a blood drive and I always try to go and donate.  It seems like an easy and relatively painless way to give back a little.  I usually don’t have any trouble donating.  I have never had any dizziness or fainting or anything.  But yesterday’s blood donation messed me up.  I gave blood about 9:00 yesterday morning and by about noon I was a wreck.  Every time I stood up I got dizzy, sometimes I got a dizzy spell just sitting in my chair.  I was pale and had a headache and I was so tired and weak feeling.  They tell you not to exercise on the day you give blood, but I’ve never had trouble before and figured I would still do my easy run last night, just a little slower than normal.  That did not happen!  I didn’t make it off the couch.  It was just me, some pizza, some Ben & Jerry’s, and my boys: Steven Tyler, Michael Scott, and McDreamy.  I heart Thursday night TV!  Not as much as in the Friends era, never as much as that.  But still some good veg on the couch material.

Anybody out there watching the new season of American Idol?  I used to love it, but gave it up during the whole Kara Dioguardi era.  I just got bored with it.  The judges were not doing it for me.  I tuned in this season out of sheer curiosity about Steven Tyler witnessing/judging a contest primarily focused on making a new pop star.  Somehow Mr. Tyler reeled me back in and I’m back to being hooked on Idol.  I just want to curl up in my Steven Tyler PJ’s and watch the spectacle unfold.

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this! I was having a jolly time drinking at the bowling alley last night and had to hurry home because I wanted to see at least half of Idol. Last year I wouldn't have even realized Idol was on! But maybe this season has potential? I guess talent wise I'm indifferent still, but I'm enjoying the new judges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog and am looking forward to reading more... and I'm with you on McDreamy - gotta have my fix :)

    ReplyDelete