Sunday, February 27, 2011

A morning date with the hubs. An evening date with the Biebs.

Yesterday the hubs and I actually paid for a babysitter (*gasp*) so we could do our long run together.  We went back to our favorite paved trail on a terrible frigid morning.  Now, last week it was cold, but sunny and we eventually warmed up even though we were wearing short sleeves.  This week it was cold and cloudy so we opted for long sleeves, but we totally underdressed.  I never warmed up!!

We tried some new fuel (still in experimentation mode).  Dave had the Black Cherry Shot Bloks.  He said they were great for his energy level but the taste was less than desirable.  He did recommend them for people who like Dr. Pepper and really strong whiskey....which is obviously not him given the face he made while eating them.  I so wish I'd had the camera!

I had the Blueberry Pomegranate GU Chomps.  The taste and texture were great, but I didn't get the same kick that I experienced with last week's Clif Shot.  In fact I was totally dragging the last half of our run.  Last week's run felt good, this week's felt a little less good.  They can't all be rainbows and sunshine I suppose.

Despite my lack of mojo we did make it our full 7 miles in 1:19:29, average pace 11:22.*

And then we went to Longhorn Steakhouse and stuffed our gizzards!  Followed by White Chocolate Mochas at Starbucks since we were feeling smart for having a gift card to Longhorn!

We picked up the girls and made them take much needed naps, and then minus the hubs, we had a girls night out.  We went to see Justin Bieber: Never Say Never 3D.  Because I have little girls.  And little girls have Bieber Fever.  It was cute and not nearly as painful as I'd imagined.  The home videos of him as a little boy were really cute and I was pleasantly surprised to see how hard he actually worked for his career.  He wasn't quite the overnight sensation I had imagined.  Cute movie.


The girls wanted their picture with the Biebs:


*Split times, for those who want to know:

Mile 1 - 11:00
Mile 2 - 11:43
Mile 3 - 11:36
Mile 4 - 11:25
Mile 5 - 11:38
Mile 6 - 11:33
Mile 7 - 10:36

Must.  Get.  Faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment