Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Must Have Gear

Today I had a great run.  Mostly because I really didn't want to run, but I did it anyway.  I've been so tired this week.  I haven't wanted to get out of bed for work, I've been dragging all day at work, and by the time I've gotten home I've been so exhausted I just want to collapse in bed.  Except I can't, because I'm a mom.  I know the other moms out there will understand. 

Today I got home a good half hour before the hubby and kids got here and I was so, so tempted to lay down on the bed and watch some trash TV or just "rest my eyes" until they got home.  It is so rare for me to have the house completely to myself.  The silence and privacy was so very tempting!

But, I laced up my shoes and hit the road.  It was only a 2 miler scheduled for today so I used that to my advantage when I was playing the mental game to get out the door.  I ended up finishing the 2 miles in 20:12 which I find to be awesome for someone who didn't have the energy to run in the first place!

I got a new product in the mail a couple days ago.  I mean, I bought it and the Fed Ex man delivered it to me.  I don't have sponsors beating down my door or anything.  Anyway, after the run in with the dog last week I decided to order a SPIbelt.  With warmer weather teasing us, I know shorts weather is just around the corner.  At least I hope it is.  And when I start wearing shorts, I stop carrying my cell phone.  It makes me beyond nervous to be out by myself without too, in case of emergency.  So, enter the SPIbelt:


It is A-MAZ-ING!  I've used it twice so far and it is awesome!  Once you put it on, you forget that it's there.  It doesn't bounce or ride up.  It doesn't squeeze your waist.  You don't feel it at all.  In fact, tonight I came home and cooked dinner with it still on because I forgot it was there.  And look how deceptively small it looks.  But it expands to easily hold my iPhone:



And if I had been going on a longer run I could have easily squeezed a few gels in there, my car keys, and probably even more stuff.  It is deceptively huge.  I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase!  If you have ever stressed about how to carry everything you need for a run, especially during shorts weather, get one of these now!  They are FAB!

Nope, I didn't get paid or reimbursed in any manner to brag on this thing.  But I wish I would.  SPIbelt = new love of my life.

4 comments:

  1. oh, great find!! i'm terrible--i never carry my cell phone and most of the time, if i drive to a running spot, i throw the keys in the glove compartment and leave the car unlocked--EEK! i guess i'm just too trusting...or just too lazy to figure something else out. i will definitely check out the SPIbelt! bummer on not getting paid or reimbursed for giving the product props...that'd be so awesome : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those SPIbelts, too and I love it! I always carry my phone if I'm by myself but almost never if I'm with other people. Lesson learned - put your phone in a ziploc bag (snack size works best) before putting it in your belt otherwise your phone could suffer sweat damage, esp in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're into your new toy! I have a fuel belt personally because it holds water bottles also but I do wish it had a bigger pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the ziploc bag-I hadn't thought about sweat damage. Not a lesson I would want to learn the hard way though!

    ReplyDelete