Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I just finished a 2 mile interval run on the treadmill that looked like this:

0.25 miles at 5.5 mph (11:00 pace)
0.25 miles at 6.2 mph (9:41 pace)
0.25 miles at 5.5 mph
0.25 miles at 6.4 mph (9:23 pace)
0.25 miles at 5.5 mph
0.25 miles at 6.6 mph (9:05 pace)
0.25 miles at 5.5 mph
0.25 miles at 6.8 mph (8:49 pace)

The first 0.75 miles were at a 1% incline, but my legs were so heavy I wanted to quit. running. forever.  Instead, I took the incline back to 0% and toughed it out.  My legs hate me now.  I don't know why but my shins and calves have been killing me.  Now that I'm done, I'm glad I did the workout but I'm still having trouble walking half an hour later.  They hurt that bad.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to rock some Advil and spend the rest of the night on the couch.  I have no idea what is wrong with my legs, but they need to drop the 'tude because I'm tired of hurting!

Overall, I finished the two miles I was shooting for in 20:12 for an average pace of 10:06.  And it kicked my trash.  Seriously.

Naturally I used the Tiger Tail after that beast of a run, the jury's still out on how that's working out for me.

Time for some quality couch time with Steven Tyler a.k.a. American Idol. 

Don't forget: Skinny Runner's giveaway here!!

1 comment:

  1. At least you know you gave it all you had, right? I generally like feeling sore because it makes me feel like I'm getting better. Until I start to worry that I'm going to injure myself. Anyway...nice job!

    ReplyDelete